As mindfulness practitioners we’ve long valued the personal and professional benefits of bringing awareness to our inner life yet have always recognised that mindfulness is just one way of doing inner work.
We have therefore been delighted to follow the work of the Inner Development Goals (IDGs) over recent years and to now incorporate ‘inner development’ more widely into our workplace offering.
The IDGs recognise both the current lack and the vital potential contribution of inner capacities in achieving the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.
‘Inner Development within Organisations’
Inner development can be a blind spot individually, organisationally and societally, yet this is changing as both individuals and organisations begin to recognise
- the wide ranging costs of not engaging in this important work, and
- the significant personal, professionals, organisational and societal benefits of consciously developing inner skills and capacities.
‘Great, yes, I’ve experienced the benefits of inner work. How might I introduce inner development to colleagues?’
- online and face to face taster sessions
- support for those in Organisational Development/Human Resources roles to integrate inner development within their workplaces.
Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss
- communicating inner development in ways which will be meaningful within your organisational culture
- supporting individuals and the organisation more widely in identifying their inner development goals
- beginning to encourage practices supportive of inner work
- how your organisation might come to value inner work in much the same way it does outer work.
The alternative is of course to carry on, business as usual…