A day of inspiration and relaxation at the beautiful Middlethorpe Hall Hotel.
Please note that this event is being organised by York City Council. To book, or for more information, please call their bookings office on 01904 552806.
This workshop offers an introduction to mindfulness and the opportunity to explore, through the lens of neuroscience and mindfulness, a topic relevant to us all, yet something which receives relatively little of our attention – change.
It’s that time of year when we set intentions for the year ahead, often things we’d like to change. But how much do we know about change itself, and how ‘brain friendly’ are we when it comes to managing change?
During this day workshop we will take time out in the beautiful surroundings of Middlethorpe Hall to explore
- The nature of change
- The neuroscience of change
- Mindfulness as an inner resource to navigate and manage change, both the changes we’d like to bring about and those periods of change we experience in life.
- Some of the common misconceptions about mindfulness
- Practical experiences of mindfulness meditation.
- Next steps for those that would like to learn mindfulness.
Who is this course for?
Everyone is welcome! No previous experience of meditation is required as the day is designed to explore the benefits of meditation to our health and to provide the opportunity for delegates to experience mindfulness meditation.