A quiet, peaceful day, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, where course participants can explore and deepen their mindfulness meditation practice.
Day Retreat Overview
This day includes a series of guided meditations and gentle exercises supported by an experienced facilitator, as well as time for discussion, feedback and relaxation. The focus of the day is the self-compassion, giving yourself permssion to nourish your inner being with a well-needed break from your busy life. Allowing yourself time-out can give rise to feelings of guilt so it is helpful to recognise that making time to prioritise meditation is beneficial to those around you as well as yourself.
It provides an ideal opportunity to:
- Set aside some time to relax, refresh and rejuvenate yourself
- Deepen your meditation practice and strengthen the skills learnt during your course
- Enjoy some simple and effective mindful movement exercises
- Develop skills to use in your daily life to help you become and remain calm, relaxed, focused and energised
Who can Attend
This practice day is designed to support our MBSR / MBCT course participants and graduates, or those with an established meditation practice. Please note, certificates of attendance are available upon request.
This retreat is not suitable for beginners, but we do offer a range of alternative events (including taster sessions and introductory workshops) which are ideal for those exploring mindfulness for the first time. Please check out our eventbrite page for more details – http://yorkmbsr.eventbrite.co.uk
This event will be held at St. Olave’s Church Hall, York YO30 7BJ.
Please note that, in order to make this day retreat as affordable as possible for our delegates, catering is not included, so please bring lunch with you. Refreshments are provided.
The facilitator for this day retreat is Dr. Lauri Bower.
Lauri has 30 years’ experience of mindfulness and meditation practice, and has been managing courses and retreats for 15 years. She joined the York MBSR team in 2012 and recently completed her Ph.D. in Mindfulness.
To date, Lauri has facilitated mindfulness training for over 300 delegates.
If you decide to cancel your place, you will receive:
- A full refund (minus a £5 administration fee) provided we receive notice of your cancellation at least 14 days’ before the retreat date
- A 50% refund if we receive 13 – 7 days’ notice
- No refund if we receive less than 7 days’ notice
In the case that the course is cancelled by NCMC, all fees will be refunded in full.