UK based Mindfulness Training
Taster Session | Introductory Workshop | Course | Nurturing Continued Practice
IMPORTANT: These events are being delivered online via Zoom. Please read our Further Guidance around this before booking. Please also retain your Eventbrite booking confirmation email which will provide your Zoom access link.
Monthly Mindful Mondays
… exploring real life topics through the lens of mindfulness.
First Monday of each month*
7.00 – 8.00pm
Join us for an hour to explore the benefits of bringing a mindful attention to our lives.
If you are new to mindfulness you can expect to
- understand some of the common misconceptions about mindfulness,
- be given some protected space to explore the session topic, and
- make informed decisions as to next steps.
If you already have an established meditation practice these sessions offer a regular opportunity to
- prioritise your practice
- reconnect with like-minded people
- integrate mindful awareness into different areas of your life.
Mindful Self-Care – 1st February 2021
Caring for a Loved One (parent, child, sibling, partner or a friend) -1st March 2021
Life’s Transitions – 10th May 2021
Emotional Agility – 7th June 2021
Insight and Creativity – 5th July 2021
Empathy and Compassion as Competencies – 6th September 2021
Meditation and the Inner Critic – 4th October 2021
Retirement as a Transition – 1st November 2021
Finding Focus – 6th December 2021
2022 monthly topics to be added.
Sessions will include a mixture of teaching, guided meditations and reflection space and will be lead by either Robert Broughton or Sally Roberts in line with their particular areas of practice.
Researched benefits of a regular mindfulness practice include:
- a greater capacity for relaxation and calmness
- less worry, anxiety and lower instances of depressive episodes
- enhanced emotional agility, resourcefulness and resilience
- improved self-confidence, engagement and creativity
- better sleep quality, clearer thinking and decision making.
Sessions can be booked
- individually (£15 per session)
- as a set of 4 (£50 – £12.50 per session), or
- as a set of 9 (£90 – £10 per session).
For block bookings
- If you’d like to take advantage of our block booking discount, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which sessions you’d like to book, and we’ll provide you with a discount code.
- 2022 topics will be added in due course.
- Those booking the full year of MMMs are invited to pass on their place (for up to a maximum of 3 sessions) to a friend or family member for any sessions which they don’t feel to be a good fit for themselves – just email us in advance of a session to let us know.
- If for any reason these sessions do not continue you will be refunded on a pro-rata basis (based on the number of remaining available sessions as opposed to the number of sessions attended).
Please don’t forget…
As with any other skill mindfulness takes time to be learned. Whilst people may well experience a change in ‘state’ as a result of introductory sessions or ad-hoc use of an app, the researched benefits of mindfulness come from the regular practice of mindfulness meditation and the possibility of changes in ‘trait’**.
More in depth mindfulness training (both through our public and workplace programmes) is available for those looking to develop a regular meditation practice, either as a means of nurturing health and wellbeing or of developing inner resources and competencies for an ever-changing and sometimes challenging world.
“…the most important thing is to invest in emotional intelligence and mental balance, because the hardest challenges will be psychological”
Yuval Noah Harari