UK based Mindfulness Training
Taster Session | Introductory Workshop | Course | Nurturing Continued Practice
IMPORTANT: These events are being delivered online via Zoom. Please read our Further Guidance around this before booking. Please also retain your Eventbrite booking confirmation email which will provide your Zoom access link.
Monthly Mindful Mondays
… exploring real life topics through the lens of mindfulness.
Maybe you’ve never felt confident. Maybe confidence is something you’ve been lucky enough to feel only to be left reeling when it seems to have deserted you.
You no doubt know tips about dressing to impress, or using body language to convey confidence.
But what of that deeper inner confidence?
We often describe meditation as a mirror to our own inner world and our meditation practice as a way of developing inner resources to respond to the various experiences we find there, something which over time allows us to develop increased awareness of both what challenges and what supports a more foundational and authentic inner confidence.
What will this session offer?
- A better understanding of mindfulness.
- An increased understanding of the nature of confidence.
- Appreciation for the potential in engaging in inner development.
Monthly Mindful Mondays
This session forms part of our Monthly Mindful Mondays which generally run on the first Monday of each month * from 8 – 9pm.
- 7th March – Approaching Anxiety Mindfully
- 9th May – Mindfulness and Sleep
- 6th June – Mindfulness and Exercise
- 4th July – Inner Confidence
- 5th September – Meditation and the Inner Critic
- 3rd October – Deep Work
- 7th November – Responding to Burnout
- 5th December – Mindful Listening
Sessions will include a mixture of teaching, guided meditations and reflection space and will be led by either Robert Broughton or Sally Roberts in line with their particular areas of practice.
If you are new to mindfulness you can expect to
- understand some of the common misconceptions about mindfulness,
- be given some protected space to explore the session topic, and
- make informed decisions as to next steps.
If you already have an established meditation practice these sessions offer a regular opportunity to
- prioritise your practice
- connect with like-minded people
- integrate mindful awareness into different areas of your life.
*excluding January, Easter and August.
Researched benefits of a regular mindfulness practice include:
- a greater capacity for relaxation and calmness
- less worry, anxiety and lower instances of depressive episodes
- enhanced emotional agility, resourcefulness and resilience
- improved self-confidence, engagement and creativity
- better sleep quality, clearer thinking and decision making.
Please don’t forget…
As with any other skill mindfulness takes time to be learned. Whilst people may well experience a change in ‘state’ as a result of introductory sessions or ad-hoc use of an app, the researched benefits of mindfulness come from the regular practice of mindfulness meditation and the possibility of changes in ‘trait’**.
More in depth mindfulness training (both through our public and workplace programmes) is available for those looking to develop a regular meditation practice, either as a means of nurturing health and wellbeing or of developing inner resources and competencies for an ever-changing and sometimes challenging world.
“…the most important thing is to invest in emotional intelligence and mental balance, because the hardest challenges will be psychological” -Yuval Noah Harari
** ‘From States to Traits: the Latest Science on What Meditation can and Can’t Do’
Please click here for our further guidance around:
- Commitment required in attending a mindfulness course.
- Is it the right time for me to practice mindfulness, including details of times when care may be needed in joining a group mindfulness course.
- Using Zoom, including guidance on accessing the training and troubleshooting
- Practising Presence Online, how we ensure a supportive learning environment for yourselves and others
- What further information will I receive?
- What if I miss a class?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- How do I know if someone teaching mindfulness is appropriately trained?
- I am considering training to teach mindfulness, will this event enable me to do this?
- How your workplace might offer mindfulness training