UK based Mindfulness Training
Taster Session | Introductory Workshop | Course | Nurturing Continued Practice
IMPORTANT: This event is being delivered online via Zoom. Please read our Further Guidance around this before booking. Please also retain your Eventbrite booking confirmation email which will provide your Zoom access link.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course
Are you feeling stressed, anxious, burnt out or exhausted?
Are you sleeping too little or too much?
Has the pressure of Covid-19 exacerbated an underlying condition?
Would you like to connect with others and be supported in ‘building a better normal’?
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a well-researched 8-week group course teaching mindfulness meditation as an effective and dependable counter-balance to the stresses of life.
The evidence base for mindfulness demonstrates that it can be helpful for many mental and physical health problems, such as stress, anxiety, high blood pressure, IBS, CFS/ME (which has strikingly similar symptoms to Long-Covid), fibromyalgia and depression, in addition to promoting general physical and emotional wellbeing.
This course is ideal for anyone looking to either manage stress or for a proactive means of managing a wide variety of physical and mental health conditions.
Through an understanding of neuroscience alongside your own cultivation of a meditation practice, group discussion and self-reflection you will have the opportunity to cultivate
- improved health and wellbeing
- a greater capacity for relaxation and calmness
- less worry, anxiety and lower instances of depressive episodes
- enhanced emotional agility, resourcefulness and resilience
- improved self-confidence, engagement and creativity
- better sleep quality
- clearer thinking and decision making
Who is this course for?
We have a diverse range of participants on our MBSR courses, from students and parents of young children, to corporate directors and healthcare professionals. Participants join for a variety of reasons; from simply taking the time to prioritise their wellbeing, to those who wish to adopt a complementary approach to managing a wide variety of health concerns.
Our courses are
- Suitable for beginners as well as those wishing to refresh or deepen their mindfulness practice
- Open to all adults (minimum age 18 yrs, no maximum – our oldest participant to date has been 84 and he completed two courses)
- Ideal for people who see their health and personal growth as their own responsibility and who like to learn from their experiences, rather than looking for a quick fix
Suitable for people of all faiths and people who do not identify with a particular religious or spiritual tradition.
Please click here for our further guidance around:
- Commitment required in attending a mindfulness course.
- Is it the right time for me to practice mindfulness, including details of times when care may be needed in joining a group mindfulness course.
- Using Zoom, including guidance on accessing the training and troubleshooting
- Practising Presence Online, how we ensure a supportive learning environment for yourselves and others
- What further information will I receive?
- What if I miss a class?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- How do I know if someone teaching mindfulness is appropriately trained?
- I am considering training to teach mindfulness, will this course enable me to do this?
- How your workplace might offer mindfulness training
This course will be taught over eight classes from 30th January – 27th March 2021 (excluding 20th February half term). Each class will be 2 – 2.5 hours long and will take place on Saturday mornings from 10:00am – 12:30pm.