Introductory Workshops and Courses
Introductory workshops and short courses for you to find out more and experience how learning mindfulness might support you personally and professionally.
We offer the following introductory workshops and short courses.
- Mindfulness in ‘Bitesize’ sessions
Our 4-week introductory mindfulness course offers a chance to dip your toes into mindfulness and meditation, one practice at a time.
- Mindfulness: An Active Approach to Looking After Our Mind
(run through City of York Council programme)
Half Day Introductory Workshops
- Mindfulness for Health and Wellbeing
- Mindfulness for Personal and Professional Change
- Mindfulness-Based Compassionate Care
- Mindfulness for Sceptics
In addition to exploring misconceptions around mindfulness, these introductory options generally include the following elements:
- an introduction to what mindfulness meditation is (and is not!)
- where mindfulness comes from and how it works (including some of the research/neuroscience)
- exploration of the particular workshop/course theme
- the opportunity to experience practical mindfulness exercises and meditations
- An opportunity to find out more and discover next steps on your journey into mindfulness
Mindfulness is a skill which takes both time and personal commitment to be learned. Whilst participants may well experience a change in ‘state’ as a result of an introductory session, the researched benefits of mindfulness come from the regular practice of mindfulness meditation and the possibility of changes in ‘trait’*. We would therefore encourage you to consider attending an 8 or 10 week course designed to guide you through establishing (or deepening) a regular meditation practice.
If you would like to express an interest in an introductory workshop, not currently detailed in our forthcoming events please email us at Relax@yorkmbsr.co.uk and we’ll get back in touch. We often hold ‘interest’ lists and host these events to demand.
Please note: we are a small team who spend much of our time out of the office. Whilst we very much look forward to speaking with you we aim to put our team’s wellbeing and our wish to model alternative ways of working above and beyond commitments to unrealistic response time pressures. We are conscious that this can be counter-cultural and thank you for your patience.