Pink and Fluffy or a Powerful Combination of Cutting Edge Science and Ancient Wisdom?
Mindfulness at Work CIPD Evening Event
Tuesday 3rd December
Neuroscience has re-written our understanding of the brain over the last two decades. Join us for this evening workshop, delivered on behalf of the CIPD North Yorkshire Branch, to find out why organisations such as Google, Pricewaterhouse Coopers and the US Marines are incorporating mindfulness courses into their training and development programmes.
Ideal for: Managers, HR, OD Professionals, Occupational Health Professionals.
For more details and to book, please visit the CIPD's website.
Neuroscientific evidence is increasingly supporting the beneficial effects of mindfulness on our mental health and general well-being; highlighting amongst other benefits its role in helping with stress management, cardiac disease, high blood pressure, anxiety, worry and depression.
What is also becoming evident is that mindfulness skills develop and enhance inter and intra-personal skills such as emotional intelligence, leadership, decision-making, creativity, communication, collaboration and team work.
Transport for London, employing a workforce of more than 20,000 introduced a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programme into their workplace and achieved significant long lasting benefits that:
- Reduced employee absence caused by stress, anxiety and depression by 71% over three years
- Decreased absence for all conditions by 50% over the same time and
- Promoted 53% increase in happiness and engagement.
Although perhaps not the most obvious option mindfulness offers significant potential benefits to employers both in terms of improved physical and mental health and also improvements in employee engagement, resilience, creativity and productivity.
For organisations who are interested in exploring the potential of mindfulness in the workplace
- Staff Discounts
- “Introduction to Mindfulness” presentations
- Half and Full Day Workshops
- In-house MBSR and MBCT Courses
- Customised training to meet strategic objectives
Feedback from a recent Mindfulness at Work Workshop attended by HR Managers, Learning and Development Managers and Board Members.
Benefits of attending
- "Understanding of how mindfulness can impact on the effectiveness of the individual and organisation"
- "Knowledge of how to introduce MBSR to my manager and the wider organisation"
- "Can see options now for how we could roll this out at work"
- "Facilitator very knowledgeable, relaxed and friendly"
- "Sally is very approachable and clear in her delivery"
How useful and informative have you found this workshop: Av score 8/10
For further information about Mindfulness in the Workplace please contact Sally Roberts.
T: 01904 634710
For information about our public courses please use the following links.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
If you are not able to commit to an 8 week training course but are keen to learn about mindfulness meditation we also offer 5 day MBSR Intensive Courses.
Give yourself the gift of a well needed break the effects of which will change the way you look at your personal and professional life!